Imagine you're old and lonely after losing your partner for not even a year, one day your kids come in a crowd and tell you you've lost a son. Can you imagine the shock? Mom told me my grandma cried non-stop until she almost passed out. Don't know whether I should feel relieved to avoid such a situation, because I know I would definitely cry a river if I were there. But at the same time, I wanna be there so badly for my grandma. :(
The funeral is tomorrow. They say the kids who are having test this week don't need to attend so they don't want me and a few other cousins to go back. But I feel guilty. That is my uncle, you know. We share the same blood eventhough he's from my mother's side. :(
I only meet him about once or twice every year but there is no awkwardness in between. I was mad at him a few times because he told me I'm fat :( if I could choose again I would laugh with him about it. How much time have I lost on being angry and ignoring him :( Now, I would never see him again.
I have imagined my grandparents dying, but definitely not my uncles and aunties. It is still a huge blow to me, for one second I chose to believe that it was an April Fool's prank. Who would have expected somebody so young to leave the world so early? He was definitely my mother's favorite brother. And my late grandpa's closest son. He was also the son who cares most about my grandma, and the family.
白头人送黑头人. We see this so much in movies and dramas, and now it's happening in my family. Can you even imagine such pain? I just hope that my grandma will be able to stay strong and get through this. Seriously, every other Lee siblings should. Losing 2 loved ones in such a short interval of time is hurtful. Damn. I don't want anything bad to happen to any one of them too :(
AH DI KAOFU. REST IN PEACE. May Buddha(?) be with you. You will not be forgotten.
p/s: I don't even have a pic to remember him with. :( R.I.P
No comments:
Post a Comment